Monday, November 30, 2009

A Grace-six months later

I see it has been six months since I've visited my own blog... more on that later...

Lewy Body Dementia is a plunderer of memories. I HATE what IT is doing to my dear mom. But in her diminished state, I am finding a crack in the sadness and loss through which Grace shines through, forgiveness is no effort, beauty returns, hope is renewed and faith returns anew... all of this- a potpourri of love. And my dear father, her life partner of over 50 years is discovering and uncovering and loving and learning. God Bless them both. It has been SOOOO difficult to post here for reasons I can not find words to explain... I feel guilty to not bear better witness to this journey of which I am a part, but then I read a friends post on Facebook today that I liked very much- "Wisdom is avoiding all thoughts that weaken you." I AM there for them in the most present way I know how. I wish I could take away the profound sadness that must be my fathers constant companion. Praying to God to help do for me (and for them) what I can not do for myself. Mom's facility for speech is fading, which only makes her smile that much more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment